Council of Consumer/Survivor and Family Initiatives (C.O.I)
- Peer knowledge and support to individuals living with mental health issues as clients/survivors and/or as family members.
- Peer-driven and peer-guided consumer/survivor initiatives and family initiatives in Muskoka-Parry Sound area
- Community education and awareness on mental health issues
Initiative activities may include:
- Peer support groups
- Recovery and wellness education (i.e. Wellness Recovery Action Plan)
- Skill development (i.e. social skills, communication skills)
- Resources and advocacy (i.e. information and support on navigating the mental health system)
- Social Recreation (i.e. bowling)Peer and Family Initiatives are available in different locations across the Parry Sound and Muskoka Districts. For more information call: Toll free 1-866-829-7050 ext. 4228 or (705) 384-5392 ext. 4228
Click Here for times and locations.
Click Here for Bracebridge calendar.
Click Here for Huntsville calendar.
COI is funded by the North Simcoe Muskoka Local Health Integration Network and is sponsored by the Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound.