- Services to individuals who live with a developmental disability, reside within the Muskoka-Parry Sound area and are 18 years of age or older
- Referrals to the service can be made by the individual or someone acting on their behalf by contacting Developmental Services Ontario @ 1-855-376-6376
- Urgent referrals can be made in person, by service providers and/or community members by calling toll free 1-800-563-1990.
- Assistance in ensuring clients receive the support services necessary to live as independently as possible in the community with all the rights and responsibilities as anyone else has, to participate in community activities and community life; to have individual choices and to know their rights. This may include:
- Assisting clients in locating and retaining accommodation
- Providing counselling in regards to life skills, financial management and emotional issues
- Assisting clients in coordinating medical, dental appointments, etc.
- Advocating to ensure rights of clients are not compromised
- Assisting clients with the judicial system
For more information please call:
Muskoka – Tel: (705) 645-6771 Fax: (705) 645-7473 toll free – 1-800-245-5036
Parry Sound – Tel: (705) 774-9809 Fax: (705) 746-1537 toll free – 1-866-829-7049
Sundridge – Tel: (705) 384-1424 Fax: (705) 384-5514 toll free – 1-866-829-7050