You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
The Ontario Peer Development Initiative (OPDI) Board Nominations Committee is inviting applications to join their Board of Directors
Jan 27, 2022
The Ontario Peer Development Initiative (OPDI) Board Nominations Committee is inviting applications to join our Board of Directors.
Serving on the Board of Directors of a provincial organization like OPDI’s is exciting, fulfilling and challenging. It is a great opportunity to learn about peer support programs across the province, and to contribute to the advancement of the peer support movement in Ontario and beyond.
OPDI’s mission is to strengthen and promote diverse peer voices in Ontario, through community building, information-sharing, collaboration, advocacy, and education. To learn more about our organization, visit OPDI’s website at https://www.opdi.org.
Key OPDI strategic priorities over the coming months include:
- Enhancing OPDI’s advocacy voice for peer support across Ontario, and expanding our membership;
- Strengthening peer support programs and organizations, and our community presence;
- Fostering and safeguarding peer history and culture; and
- Supporting OPDI in developing an annual fundraising campaign;
The Board invites applications from those who identify as peers with lived experience of mental health and/or addiction, and are excited about helping OPDI to move these priorities forward.
We especially invite applications from:
- People with expertise in government relations, policy analysis, systems advocacy, equity and diversity, fundraising and grant writing, and/or the legal field;
- Those living in Northern, Eastern, Southwest, and/or rural Ontario;
- Indigenous, racialized, and 2SLGBTQ people, those with disabilities, and youth/young adults;
- Those with existing connections to local, provincial, national, and/or international peer/mental health/addiction/community/advocacy groups; and
- Facilitators of peer initiatives both inside and outside of the mental health sector.
Elected Directors will serve a 2-year term, which can be renewed for a maximum of three terms. Prior to COVID-19, Directors were expected to attend quarterly in-person weekend retreats (costs covered by the organization), we hope to return to in-person meetings when it is safe to do so. Currently the Board is meeting virtually during the day, evening or on the weekends at least monthly.
Where appropriate, please discuss this time commitment with your employer and gain their support for your involvement. Ensure that they understand your position on the Board is not as a representative of any particular organization or region, but rather that you are applying for election to serve all OPDI member organizations across the province.
OPDI is looking to recruit for 1-2 positions, with interviews taking place in August. We will acknowledge receipt of your application, though only those invited for an interview will be contacted further.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.
The application deadline is July 30, 2021. We look forward to receiving your submission.
All the best,
Chair, Nominations Committee
Vice-President, Ontario Peer Development Initiative