COMMUNITY HOMES FOR OPPORTUNITY (CHO)
COMMUNITY HOMES FOR OPPORTUNITY (CHO) assists individuals over the age of 18 living with complex mental health issues by providing stable, affordable, and appropriate housing and support services. CHO aims to support individuals to achieve and maintain physical, mental health, and wellbeing, as well as foster independence and enhance participation and integration into the community of their choice. CHO is a person-centred, flexible service, reflecting the individual and their changing needs. CHO strives to promote active participation in their own planning and ensuring the opportunity to make individual choices. The following services will be provided:
- Stable Accommodation: 24 hour supported living environment within a congregate setting.
- In-home support including activities of daily living, meals, and medication support.
- Individualized multidisciplinary plans of care and community integration planning may include the following;
- Development of living skills
- Case Management and clinical support, in collaboration with other providers as required
- Develop abilities in the areas of living including recreational and leisure activities; employment, education, health monitoring, etc.;
- Community crisis planning and support.
- Psychiatrically stable with a demonstrated adherence to treatment plans.
- Assessed to be capable of living within community setting if appropriate supports are available.
- Ability to reside within a supported congregate living environment with multiple roommates of varying ages and abilities.
- Medically stable, and if experiencing ongoing or complex physical health issues, appropriate home-based health supports are or will be in place (e.g., Home & Community Care, Personal Support Workers, Private Nursing, etc.).
- Able to take direction from others in an emergency situation.
- Able to navigate stairs independently.
- Able to complete ADLs independently with prompting (i.e., eating, bathing, personal hygiene, toileting, dressing).
- Able to provide financial documentation proving source(s) of income.
- Able to pay their portion of the rent/living expenses.
The Applicant has demonstrated abilities and behaviours that will allow them to successfully commit to the following:
- Engaging in activities of daily living and personal responsibilities for living within congregate/shared home environment and achievement of individual recovery goals.
- A living environment that is free from violence, aggression, intimidation, harassment, and other behaviors that present harm or risk of harm to other residents, staff, and the physical environment of the home.
- A positive, healthy, safe, and respectful living environment.
- An alcohol and drug free living environment.
- A fire hazard free home.
- A smoke free living environment: Smoking is permitted outside of the home in a designate area.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete ELIGABILTY, COMMITMENTS, SECTIONS A TO I,
- Complete SUPPORT CONSIDERATIONS and CONSENT
- Submit Application Form
- FAX (705-645-7473); Attention to CHO
- EMAIL CHO@cmhamps.ca – Subject Heading: CHO Application. (password protected / encrypted documents only)
- MAIL (CMHAMPS, 173-202, Manitoba Street, Bracebridge, Ontario, P1L 1S3; Attention to CHO
QUESTIONS? Call Kirstin Chadwick, CHO Case Manager, 705-645-2262